[pvrusb2] rebuild question

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue May 17 10:41:17 CDT 2011

On Mon, 16 May 2011, Lorne Shantz wrote:

> --- On Mon, 5/16/11, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:

    [...]

> > As far as the pvrusb2 driver is concerned you only need 2
> > pieces, the
> > kernel module that is the driver, and all the firmware
> > files.
> >

> It has been so long that I have forgotten everything. Where do they
> normally reside?

The answer depends on your distro, unfortunately.  This lists firmware
file names and tries to help you figure out where they should be
installed:

 http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/setup.html#Firmware

    [...]

> I went back to the list and didn't see how to read the old posts. It
> has been awhile. I can't even remember the file names. I will go do a
> search for the original website. I had hoped I could just copy my old
> files in, reboot and be back up. It is opensuse 11.4 with Linux
> linux-ncvm 2.6.37.6-0.5-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT 2011-04-25 21:48:33
> +0200 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Start with the pvrusb2 web site.  Read the setup instructions.  It's all
here:

http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/setup.html