[pvrusb2] rebuild question

Lorne Shantz lorne_shantz at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 15:02:47 CDT 2011

--- On Mon, 5/16/11, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:

> Not knowing how exactly you were setup before it's kind of
> hard to tell
> you how to preserve it.  And by "it" I presume you're
> only asking about
> the pvrusb2 driver installation since that's what this list
> is about.

Yes, just the driver stuff.

> As far as the pvrusb2 driver is concerned you only need 2
> pieces, the
> kernel module that is the driver, and all the firmware
> files.

It has been so long that I have forgotten everything. Where do they normally reside?

> The firmware files are needed in order to initialize the
> hardware.  You
> will definitely need to locate and copy those across.
> The firmware
> files have stayed constant throughout the life of the
> driver so there's
> no requirement to "upgrade" any firmware if you're running
> a later
> driver.  Look at the pvrusb2 web page about firmware
> installation if
> need to search for the right file names.

I went back to the list and didn't see how to read the old posts. It has been awhile. I can't even remember the file names. I will go do a search for the original website. I had hoped I could just copy my old files in, reboot and be back up. It is opensuse 11.4 with Linux linux-ncvm 2.6.37.6-0.5-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT 2011-04-25 21:48:33 +0200 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux