[pvrusb2] hvr-1950 - analog side - problems using scantv

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Wed Nov 23 00:22:15 CST 2011

Remember that xawtv3 does not work with capture devices that emit mpeg
video.  Remember also that xawtv4 must be compiled to include mpeg
support for it to have any chance at video capture.  These details have
been documented all along here:

http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/usage.html#xawtv

The xawtv app is really old and I'm not even sure if anyone is
maintaining it any longer.  You might want to consider TV-Viewer as an
alternative for the analog side:

http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/usage.html#TV-Viewer

  -Mike