[pvrusb2] IR blaster in the HVR-1900

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Thu Apr 26 09:48:40 CDT 2012

Roger wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 06:15:20PM +0200, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
>> I'm trying to use the IR blaster of my HVR-1900 tuners, and I'm not
>> having any luck so far. I have no experience with IR blastering ;-) so I
>
> I have a HVR-1950 which looks exactly like the HVR-1900. (Stupified, I can't
> see a difference!)  Using Gentoo:

Roger,

Thanks for all the info.

To be clear: are you using the HVR-1950 only in respect of receiving IR
signals from a remote control (with which to control various
applications running on the machine to which the tuner is connected), or
are you also using the IR blaster for generating IR signals with which
to control external devices such as a set-top box?

What I'm after is the latter: I'm stashing a couple of set-top boxes in
the machine room and I need the MythTV backend to be able to change
channels on them without human intervention.

Thanks, Jan