[pvrusb2] new kernel breaks hauppuage pvrusb2 and hvr-1950 withmythtv

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Fri Dec 21 14:34:21 CST 2012

On Fri, 21 Dec 2012, Daniel Woo wrote:

> Since I've gotten the pvrsub2 to work on mythbuntu 10.04 kernel 2.6.32, that's
> the one I'm going to concentrate getting the hvr-1950 to work.
>
> Should I upgrade my kernel to 2.6.35 or 2.6.38?
>
> Anyone know which version of the pvrsub2 driver works best with 2.x kernels?

It should in theory work equally well with any kernel from the past few
years.

> Does anyone know how to get the v4l-dvb to install to the kernel directory? It
> keeps making its own directory to install to.

Oh wait, you're installing a v4l-dvb snapshot on top of the kernel?
That's a whole new variable here.  Since there haven't been any real
changes in a while, the included in-kernel pvrusb2 driver should be fine
and should not need any additional help.  Is there another reason you're
bringing in other stuff?