[pvrusb2] break with the past...

JE Geiger james.e.geiger at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 10:44:58 CST 2012

I use Fedora 14/15/16 and recently the machine that has the PVR 1950 is F16
(currently somewhere around 3.2.6,or so).  I use the in kernel drivers
unless there are issues.

Last I compiled the snapshot was around kernel 2.6.36 or 37.  So a clean
break at 2.6.32 is reasonable.

I would pick the break at some point where the more modern API's for your
type stuff withing the kernel were implemented.  Trying to support 3 legacy
API's is a pain.  Go ahead and break to the current internal
kernel topology, if you can .....

Oh, and, Thanks for all you do regarding this effort.