[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20120115

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Mon Jan 16 00:50:39 CST 2012

A new pvrusb2 driver snapshot is available.  This snapshot doesn't
contain anything fantastically new; mainly these are housekeeping
changes to re-sync with the in-kernel version of the driver:

  (+) IR interface updates to remain compatible with surrounding
      environment.

  (+) Code added to support videodev_ioctl2(), however it is
      deactivated for the moment until further testing can be done.

  (+) g/s_ tuner support fix needed to remain compatible with
      surrounding environment.

  (+) Minor allocation failure check added by a kernel janitor.

  (+) Remove old, dead, useless module/driver version info which dated
      back to the earliest days of this driver.

  (+) Return ENOTTY instead of EINVAL if an unsupported ioctl() is
      requested in the V4L2 API.

  (+) Implement VIDIOC_QUERYSTD

  (+) Various other miscellaneous tweaks to be compatible with recent
      kernel versions.

I have done *very little* testing on this driver snapshot.  However
since all I did was merge stuff from the in-kernel version of the
driver, the risk for breakage should be extremely low.  I did verify
successful compilation with kernel 3.1.9, and it should also compile
against 3.2.1 but I don't have a sandbox set up for that version yet.

Now with the resync out of the way, I plan to chase down some of the
recently raised driver issues.

As usual, the pvrusb2 web site can be found at:

  http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/pvrusb2.html