[pvrusb2] dvdauthor and pvrusb2 MPEG2 files

Roger rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 20:18:59 CST 2012

Oops.  And one more email to further describe to readers, I'm grabbing the
streams from the DVB side of the device and not the analog side.

And as I further think, the TS streams are going to be of variable size
depending on the over-the-air DVB broadcast.

For those wanting to use dvdauthor, might be best to use mencoder to capture
the stream instead of cat/dd and have mencoder transcode during capture.  The
downside to using mencode, mencoder/transcoding uses more system resources
during capture and there's a very real risk of having audio/video sync issues
corrupting your original stream capture.  Or, setup a cron job to transcode
later to a DVD compatible format -- which would be safer.

As for me, think I'll just ditch this idea here as I don't want to deal with
the time required for transcoding.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/