[pvrusb2] dvdauthor and pvrusb2 MPEG2 files

Roger rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 12:21:48 CST 2012

FYI: I'm having really good success with simply using ffmpeg to convert any
format to MPEG2 DVD format using:

ffmpeg -i infile.avi -target ntsc-dvd outfile.mpg

NOTE: Check the width of the black bars and that the video is playable. You may
have to use "-aspect 4:3", which I'm finding most times specifying an aspect is
required.  Also check dvdauthor can use the file.  Conversion times using
ffmpeg are not very long at all.  It maybe, when transcoding to a compressed
format, encoding takes awhile.

avidemux2 and devede also works, but may use mencoder significantly increasing
conversion time(?)

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/