[pvrusb2] hauppage hvr-1900 on raspberry pi

Felix Lighter felix.lighter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 15:08:24 CDT 2012

I'm glad that Ethernet helped the situation.
Beware USB - it's also notorious for aggressively interrupting the CPU.
480Mbps USB2 comes at a high price, CPU-wise. And as you point out,
it's already busy capturing video.

I would definitely suggest looking into NFS, since you should be able
to lighten the CPU load even further by increasing the write buffer
size (in the mount options). Take a look and see whether Samba also
offers any options for tuning network usage / bandwidth.

Cheers,
FL