[pvrusb2] hauppage hvr-1900 on raspberry pi

Emmanuel Touzery etouzery at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 03:48:49 CDT 2012

Otherwise if someone is interested, for now I still can't make DVB-T
recording work smoothly. Ethernet was a big help but not quite enough.

I've made quite some tuning, using mplayer instead of tzap+cat, and then
strongly prioritize that mplayer process: chrt 99 with FIFO scheduling,
nice -20, ionice -c1 (though i guess that last one doesn't make a real
difference), and even some scheduler tuning to increase latency and
prioritize real time processes:

echo -1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_rt_runtime_us
echo 40000 > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_rt_period_us
echo 600000 >  /proc/sys/kernel/sched_latency_ns
echo 400000 >  /proc/sys/kernel/sched_min_granularity_ns

I've also tried NFS, udp and tcp, with max block size (1Mb!), 32kb and
64kb, but i still get cuts.

I actually now get 15 minute blocks without cuts. But even only every 15
minutes, a cut is a cut...
i also tried overclocking the pi without big differences (i actually didn't
try to overclock it on the latest settings but i guess it also wouldn't
help).

i'll see, i'm still not quitting but getting closer :-/

emmanuel