[pvrusb2] WinTV USB2/Tv-Viewer question

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 13:38:28 CDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Lorne Shantz <lorne_shantz at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey guys, I finally had to give up on my old WinTV USZ2 device. I bought one on Ebay

My WAG with random lockups is that the power brick/wall wart
is "flaky" (I have replaced a number of the those that came
with the original Hauppauge devices I have owned over the
years; and since yours came from eBay, the device probably was
used, and those (cheap) power supplies that are included have
an effective limited lifetime (often temp related, but also due
to "bad caps")).  And while (if you have the equipment), you
could verify if it is the brick, it is probably easier to just swap
in another brick of the same type/voltage/plug and see if that
solves the problems.

In addition, Hauppauge devices (along with their power supplies)
tend to be a bit temperature sensitive.  Keep them cool.

Gary