[pvrusb2] WinTV USB2/Tv-Viewer question

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 19:33:54 CDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 8:24 PM, Roger <rogerx.oss at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Power Supply (Likely older models?) - Lost my old PVRUSB2 Model #29061
> because I think the power supply shorted-out, and the power strip surge
> protector likely could not handle this scenario.  Oddly, this scenario very
> likely tripped two separate breakers in the house just as I heard a very loud
> pop noise!  Not just the breaker of the house circuit the PVRUSB2 device was
> on, but the bedroom as well.

By any chance was there a transformer load in the Bedroom?  Or
something else with "high" power requirements, like a large air
conditioner?  When the voltage(s) change rapidly (such as a
short), there can be a current surge as a transformer (or motor)
field collapses.  In theory circuit breakers are supposed to handle
inrush/outrush currents, but in theory, theory and practice are
the same, and in practice, they are not.

Gary