[pvrusb2] Some install guidance on WinTV PVR2 USB

Lorne Shantz lorne_shantz at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 19 21:01:59 CDT 2013

Thanks for the feedback Roger...

I'm using Opensuse 12.2 and can't find anything about USB HCD in settings. However, all my other usb devices work. That being said, I'm almost positive this unit will not light up, or register itself until everything is perfect.At least that is my recollection. Maybe my device is borked too if nothing is showing in dmesg. ??

I just ordered a pci to pcie slot. I'm going to try to use one of my old cards and see if I can get it working. :) Sure would like to get the PVR going though, because I have a ton of home movies I want to digitize and it is perfect for that.