[pvrusb2] Some install guidance on WinTV PVR2 USB

Roger rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 06:41:41 CDT 2013

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 08:47:42PM +0430, Matt Farmer wrote:
>Speaking of the HVR-1950, how do I get MythTV to search for channels using
>this card? I've had issues getting most software to tune analog channels
>with it since it uses an MPEG2 decoder.

It's perfectly alright to start a new thread with a more appropriate topic. ;-)

If I wouldn't have caught this sooner before the other three or so posts, I
would have retitled the subject.

If you do some searching, I wrote extensively on how to manage these pvrusb2
devices via command line.

TV Tuner
http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/TV_Tuner

When scanning for channels, you first have to decide if you want to scan for
channels on the Analog tuner or Digital tuner.  The HVR-1950, and many of the
Hauppauge cards have both analog and digital except I think the very latest
PCIe.  (Reason being, the FM radio frequencies are still analog.)

... seems Google doesn't like me too much nowadays. :-/  The article does
contain "pvrusb2" mentioned, shrugs as to why it's not favored much by Google.
Maybe it's the four letter word "commandline"?

Oh, and a side note, another thing I forgot to trouble shoot, was the USB cord.
But chances are, according to what Mike stated and since my incident amazingly
tripped two breakers, safe bet I fried the old 29xxx pvrusb2 device. :-/

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/