[pvrusb2] Grabster AV400 and TS support..

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 4 13:27:50 CDT 2013

On 03.10.2013 07:23, Mike Isely wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Oct 2013, Andrea Venturi wrote:
>
>> hello everybody,
>>
>> it's quite a long time since i've been trying to hack my Grabster AV400 on
>> linux..
>>
>> http://www.isely.net/pipermail/pvrusb2/2007-March/001468.html
>>
>> still i see it's marked experimental on mainline kernel but anyway it works
>> out of the box quite smoothly.

Nice to see another AV400 on this list. And then it's even one of those
that I need to thank for their base work on getting the device to work :D
To introduce myself: I was the one who pursued Mike in the end to
implement your patches and to get support into the mainline kernel. Also
I did a fix for the cx2341x to enable correct audio support for our
device and later (around February 2011) fixed a regression in that
module. See also this thread:
http://www.isely.net/pipermail/pvrusb2/2011-February/003015.html

> One reason why is because I don't have one of these devices so I can't
> regression test it.  And (aside from you) I really don't have a lot of
> 3rd party feedback to tell me that the driver is working well with it.

I could only successfully test Composite + S-Video for Pal-B. So maybe
Andrea lives in a country with different TV standard so some more could
be tested as well :)

> However with that said, it's been quite a while and there certainly
> haven't been any complaints so I guess I should get off my *ss and get
> the "experimental" designation removed...

Yupp, the AV400 runs happily ever after since I had fixed the last
problem that appeared at the start of 2011 :)

Regards,
Sven