[pvrusb2] Grabster AV400 and TS support..

Andrea Venturi a.venturi at avalpa.com
Sat Oct 5 00:42:27 CDT 2013

Il 04/10/2013 20:27, Sven Barth ha scritto:
> Nice to see another AV400 on this list. And then it's even one of
> those that I need to thank for their base work on getting the device
> to work :D

thanx, but it was not that big work at all..

here we just have to thank Mike and his infinite wisdom and patience! :-)

> To introduce myself: I was the one who pursued Mike in the end to
> implement your patches and to get support into the mainline kernel.

that was a great achievement, great!

i didn't realize support was coming mainline, along the years because i
put the gadget in a drawer but now i'm back at hacking..

>> One reason why is because I don't have one of these devices so I can't
>> regression test it.  And (aside from you) I really don't have a lot of
>> 3rd party feedback to tell me that the driver is working well with it.
>
> I could only successfully test Composite + S-Video for Pal-B. So maybe
> Andrea lives in a country with different TV standard so some more
> could be tested as well :)

i'm not very fond with all the PAL "flavours". i live in Italy, and
apart of being in a PAL country, i really can't say what the standard
is. anyway it works ok!

> Yupp, the AV400 runs happily ever after since I had fixed the last
> problem that appeared at the start of 2011 :)

good..

so let's try to raise again some new issues (but eventually new features
also..). :-)

bests

andrea