[pvrusb2] no audio with PAL and tda9887

Michael Roitzsch mroi at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 30 11:38:04 CST 2005

Hi Mike,

> Several people have been struggling with this.  I posted a tip a
> few days ago that so far has solved it for everyone who has tried.
> First, use the 20051226 driver snapshot.  Then do this:
>
> 1. modprobe -r tda9887
> 2. modprobe tda9887 port2=0
> 3. Unplug the pvrusb2 and then plug it back in.
>
> Does it work better now?

I already tried that (with 20051226). No change. I also tried port1=0.

If I cycle the pvrusb2 as in step 3, I have to set the mode from
SECAM-L to PAL-BG again. Maybe some part of the device does not pick
that change up properly? (I also tried adding the option pal=b to
tda9887 and to tuner without any change.)

Michael