[pvrusb2] Anyone got this working on Fedora with MythTV?

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Fri Nov 4 10:32:31 CST 2005

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, B. Inamov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am wondering if anyone got pvrusb2 to work on fedora core with mythtv
>
> I currently have the 150MCE card in my FC4 running with MythTV and a couple
> of MediaMVPs. I sweat a little setting it up, mainly because of the
> Unichtrome drivers for my embedded KM400 video. Now it works just great,
> LOVING IT (knock on wood)
>
> I want to get a Mac Mini and put FC4 on that to replace my current server. I
> figure it will all work, but will have to replace the 150-MCE with PVR-USB2.
>
> Anyone can tell me with a degree of certainty that PVR-USB2 will work with
> Myth on Fedora?

I run Debian here, but I'm sure lots of people have tried Fedora with this
driver and there has not been any one show stopper problem reported to me
that was specific to that (or for that matter nearly any) distribution.

So it seems to me that if you can get FC4 working on your Mac mini then
you've already tackled the hardest problem.