[pvrusb2] It's alive! or Findings so far

Per Christian Henden perchrh at pvv.org
Sat Sep 10 06:09:21 CDT 2005

Hi,

Yay! It's working!

Hehe, it required some tweaking.

I had the following problem:
When I used mplayer, I got a bad picture.
The color and placement of parts of the picture was completely wrong.
When I used xawtv I didn't get a picture.
My solution: start xawtv before mplayer, that makes the picture right
and then unmute the sound using the sysfs interface.

Mplayer+alsa gave me some shit too, but that't not related to the pvrusb2
driver.
For people running Mac Mini, check out http://www.pvv.org/~perchrh/macmini/,
you need alsa-lib version 1.0.9rc3 or later.
Those versions doesn't work well with mplayer, it seems.
I get "alsa-space: xrun of at least ..." error with mplayer-cvs from today and
the latest stable plus an assortment of cvs versions from in-between latest
stable and latest from cvs.
Solution was to use artsd. Arts version 1.4.0 works well with my alsa driver
and with mplayer.

Cheers,

PER