[pvrusb2] Kernel oops?

Arnaud Boulan arnaud.boulan at libertysurf.fr
Wed Sep 14 09:44:12 CDT 2005

Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> a écrit :

> This is the key.  This is the point where the problem started.
> Interestingly enough, this appears to be the place where one other person
> reported an oops - that I had posted here about a week ago.

Hello evryone,

I finally registered to the list! I am the one who reported this problem
last time :)

I switched to the latest snapshot with the sanity checks enabled, but the
problem didn't yet reoccur since i reported it, about two weeks ago.

> In the other instance of the above oops that I know about, mplayer was
> being used instead of xawtv.  In that case mplayer just died right away
> and so there wasn't any more "shrapnel" being tossed around through the
> kernel.

In fact, mplayer didn't die, but instead it was stuck in uninterruptible
wait state, with the usb subsystem broken, forcing me to reboot each time
this happened... :(

I also had the "scheduling while atomic" log after the crashes.

Logs are available here (when my machine is up) for the one who are
interested:
http://www dot boulan dot net/ pvr/

Regards,
Arnaud