[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20060417

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Apr 18 14:19:27 CDT 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, xavier.gnata at free.fr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> xawtv works well with this snapshot.
> Minor issue : xawtv says that the standard is "???". I can set the
> standard to "secam-L" (I'm a franch user...) and it still works but it
> looks like there is something wrong in the standard "auto-selection"
> performed (but it is a minor issue because it jusst works :)). Sound is
> ok but I can not adjust the volume using xawtv menus.

Xavier:

Could you please directly send me (don't post it) your dmesg output from
when the driver initialized itself?  I might not be able to reproduce this
behavior since I'm in NTSC.  Also, if you could dump a few sysfs controls
it would be helpful to.  Do something similar to this just after the
driver is initialized but *before* xawtv is started:

   cat /sys/class/pvrusb2/sn-*/ctl_*standard*/cur_val

There are 3 controls which should match that pattern; seeing them all
should help reveal what is going on.