[pvrusb2] Firmware location error?

roger@eskimo.com roger at eskimo.com
Thu Apr 20 13:59:10 CDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 00:35 -0500, Mike Isely wrote:
> Did you recently update your hotplug package?

no looks the same.

> Unfortunately the pvrusb2 driver doesn't know where the firmware is
> actually living, either.  All it does is ask for a file name and the
> question of where it is actually looked for is handled in userland.  So I
> can't help you much there :-(

yes. I changed the names of the firmwares to something improper.  I know
it's finding the firmware now for sure, but is failing to upload them to
the device.

however, I recently booted into windows and found the new win32 driver
does work.  so this at least tells me my unit is not fried!

> Note: The firmware file names were changed a few snapshots back.  The
> driver will search for multiple names right now in order to remain
> backwards compatible, but you may want to consider using the new names.
> The web documentation lists the correct names.  (However with that said,
> it doesn't sound like this is the issue you hit.)

FIRMWARE_DIR=/lib/firmware is being used on gentoo and my firmwares have
always been located here as well.  Concerned about corrupted firmwares
(although md5sum would complain if that were the case during an emerge
of pvrusb2), I deleted them manually and also manually extracted the
firmwares from the newer driver.

Well, at least it's getting me to do some looking at fwfind.sh now so I
can enable it to extract the firmwares from the newer pvrusb2*zip file.