[pvrusb2] Recently lost IR support on my pvrusb2

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Jul 9 16:48:35 CDT 2006

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006, roger wrote:

> Jul  8 03:23:27 localhost2 lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver
> registered, at major 61
> Jul  8 03:23:31 localhost2 lirc_i2c: probe 0x1a @ pvrusb2_a: no

> Jul  8 03:23:31 localhost2 lirc_i2c: probe 0x18 @ pvrusb2_a: no

Something should have been seen here at address 0x18.  If the chip-level
lirc driver isn't attaching, then nothing will work in lirc...

> Jul  8 03:23:31 localhost2 lirc_i2c: probe 0x71 @ pvrusb2_a: no
> Jul  8 03:23:31 localhost2 lirc_i2c: probe 0x4b @ pvrusb2_a: no
> Jul  8 03:23:31 localhost2 lirc_i2c: probe 0x64 @ pvrusb2_a: no
> Jul  8 03:23:31 localhost2 lirc_i2c: probe 0x30 @ pvrusb2_a: no
> Jul  8 03:23:31 localhost2 lirc_i2c: probe 0x6b @ pvrusb2_a: no

I'm afraid I can't suggest much here, except to recommend you work back
through what has changed for you recently in order to find the change that
broke things.  Dead batteries are not the problem - since the chip-level
driver hasn't even attached.  There's nothing really in the pvrusb2 driver
itself that impacts this; all the driver does is export a compliant I2C
adapter instance into the I2C core and lirc takes it from there.  The fact
that the other chip-level drivers are attaching just fine would suggest
that the driver is OK.