[pvrusb2] back-end application

Abe Shan lba777 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 17:56:56 CST 2006

Mike,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I tend to have a bias against overloaded packages, so I tried installing
freevo, instead of MythTV. However, at the core, it still uses mplayer and
so I got stuck.

Does MythTV bypass mplayer? And also, what is the most convenient way of
installing it -- compiling source vs apt-get (i am on dapper with kernel
2.6.18).

Thanks for your help!
abe

Probably the _best_ way is to install and use MythTV with your device.
> Unfortunately the setup for MythTV can be, well, involved.  But the result
> is very very rewarding.

Using xawtv-4.x is a good alternative, but building it can be a bit of a
> challenge.  The "missing" configure script IIRC is actually generated.
> You have to run another script first: autogen.sh.  Yes, I know the README
> doesn't mention this, but it's not my program so don't shoot the messenger
> :-)

BTW, the pvrusb2 driver controls the LED a little differently than