[pvrusb2] back-end application

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Nov 7 01:10:25 CST 2006

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, xavier.gnata at free.fr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just to say that lastest snapshot of xawtv4 does not compile anymore on debian
> sid. It use to compile fine using ./autogen ./configure && make && make install
> This is due to a large libquicktime API update.
> One way to make it compile again is to remove (or maybe disable??) this piece of
> code.
> Unfortunatly, xawtv4 is almost dead because it has be orphaned.
> I have send several patch to make it compile until this libquicktime API change.
> Afaics, xawtv4 code needs a complete review and is probably going to be broken
> quite often in a near futur :(

Wow, sorry to hear this.

> One question : Does mythtv run in a resizable windows?? Fullscreen can be great
> but I need to "watch" TV in a small windows in the top left corner of my screen
>   :)

MythTV is really intended to run full-screen.  By default that is what it
does and it even turns off the mouse pointer as well.  However if you run
the front end, and go into the setup screen for "Appearance", you can
specify that it run in a window with a real mouse.  Unfortunately even
this is fairly clunky because the window size cannot be resized on the fly
(you set the size once in the setup dialog), and initial window placement
is fixed.  However it does work pretty well.  Oh, I forgot one thing: If
you run it in a window with XvMC acceleration enabled, and then try to
overlap part of the gui window with another X-window, while a program is
playing, when using an nvidia card with nvideo kernel source 1.0.8774,
then you're rewarded with a hard kernel lockup :-(