[pvrusb2] Tuning problems

Ivar Katmo ivar_74 at yahoo.no
Fri Nov 24 13:43:52 CST 2006

Hi...

I'm using the in-kernel driver on an Ubuntu system.

Things that are working:

I got no errors in the dmesg, so the driver loads
correct.

The log also says:
  tuner 1-0061: Frequency: 175.25 Mhz

That happends to be NRK, Norway biggest channel.

So when I start VLC Media player, select File->Open
capture device, PVR and click OK that channels shows.
Yippi!

But I can't tune the other channels. I've tried
changing the frequency in VLC and tried searching with
xawtv (never managed to tune any stations in xawtv at
all).

scantv returns "open failed [dev/vbi]" after selecting
TV norm and frequency table.

I live in Norway and getting signals via cable.

Anyone?

Ivar