[pvrusb2] Segmentation fault when unloading module

Andreas Korinek andreas.korinek at wizards-of-chemistry.net
Mon Oct 2 11:30:55 CDT 2006

On Monday 02 October 2006 16:32, Mike Isely wrote:
> The bottom of that stack is the msp3400 module.  What happened here is
> that doing the unload naturally caused the pvrusb2 driver to unregister
> the I2C adapter instance, which then causes all associated I2C chip-level
> drivers to disassociate from the adapter.  When the msp3400 module tried
> to disassociate it triggered the fault.
>
> Can this be easily reproduced?

I see this error sometimes when switching channels with xawtv, most of the
times the device hangs on doing modprobe -r and the kernel says device busy.
The segmentation fault occured just once so far.
I'll try 2.6.19-r1 once it comes out.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,
Andreas Korinek, B. SC.

There are no data that cannot be plotted on a straight line if the axis
are chosen correctly.