[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20061003

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Wed Oct 4 12:13:24 CDT 2006

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, ervins at latnet.lv wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Hm... just did a quick test. Compiled latest driver snapshot
> (pvrusb2-mci-20061003). Reboot (just to make things clear and to test if
> coldplug still works fine). Then "screen" and "cat /dev/v4l/video0 >
> testc.mpg". after about 20 minutes I got:
> cat: /dev/v4l/video0: Input/output error

How reproducible is this?

Generally if streaming works for even a few seconds it should work
forever, or at least until some outside event happens (e.g. channel
change, power glitch to the device, etc...).  I ran it streaming once for
26 hours without a break.

> In /var/log/messages - nothing. Last message is from successful device
> registration. Any ideas what could be the reason? It definately is not the
> device itself, because I have had capture running more than 8 hours traight
> without any problems using Windows and WinTV200, on the same hadrware. Any way
> how to turn more debugging on?
>
> ervins

There's a debug module option you can set.  It is a bit mask; there are
lots of bits you can set, generally in increasing order of noise in the
log.  Rather than repeat all the info here, the details can be found on
this page:

http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/usage.html#Logging