[pvrusb2] hardware query for you all...

Roger J. Allen rja at firkraag.rogera.net
Fri Aug 3 01:48:46 CDT 2007

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007, Mike Isely wrote:

> Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 21:17:10 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Mike Isely <isely at isely.net>
> To: pvrusb2 at isely.net
> Subject: [pvrusb2] hardware query for you all...
>

> I'm trying to help someone with an IR problem.  We're suspecting that he
> has the MCE Kit version of the PVR USB2 device, but we have conflicting
> clues about this.  He's not sure himself.  Is there anyone currently
> subscribed to the list who knows he/she has an MCE Kit version?  And if
> so, what model string do you have on the bottom?  Also, where is your IR
> receiver in that case?  (I know with the most recent MCE kit version the
> IR is all contained in the device but I think with older devices IR
> transmission AND reception was using an outboard device.)
>
> So, can anyone here shed some light on this?
>
>  -Mike

Here is the info on the mcekit that I got in Feb, 2006.

http://www.isely.net/pipermail/pvrusb2/2006-February/000505.html

The built-in IR receiver on the MCEKit WinTV-PVR-USB2 works with the
remote that comes with the regular WinTV-PVR-USB2 (I have both).

The outboard beanbag usb transceiver both receives and transmits with
the lirc_mceusb2 module and the MCE remote.  I think you need lirc-0.8.2
to use the IR-Blaster with lirc_mceusb2.

--
Roger J. Allen