[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20070127

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sat Jan 27 12:37:42 CST 2007

A new snapshot of the pvrusb2 driver is available.  I believe the
video corruption issue is fixed now.  (Yay!)

The audio / video sync issues I mentioned last night appear in fact
not to be the driver or the hardware but was caused by mplayer.  I've
updated the mplayer usage to describe this.

Change history for this snapshot:

  (+) Encoder setup tweaks to get rid of video corruption during rapid
      channel changes.  This seems to fix the problem for both 24xxx
      and 29xxx devices.

  (+) Minor rework in the encoder communications protocol to exploit
      updated knowledge for how the encoder works.  This should
      hopefully put an end to the "It is likely that this is a bad
      idea..." errors.

The pvrusb2 driver web site can be found at:

  http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/pvrusb2.html