[pvrusb2] FAQ addendum for 4:3 recording resolutions

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Mar 11 09:02:58 CDT 2007

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007, roger wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 01:46 -0600, Mike Isely wrote:
>
> Yes.  Most times mplayer and other video players will correctly stretch
> the video to fill the screen, but I'm noticing on some broadcasts,
> especially on Channel 12 playing an oldie but favorite, I will get a
> black bar on the right when recording 720x480.  Recording 640x480 gets
> rid of the borders when playing with mplayer, etc.

The actual video content of the broadcast should not in any way be able
to affect the correctness of the capture.  The only thing that matters
is the video timing of the incoming signal and that's rigidly defined by
the broadcast standard.  So I'm puzzled by how you can be seeing this.
Can you capture 2 samples of the suspect signal and send them to me?
Say about 5-10 seconds each, one at 720x480 and the other 640x480.