[pvrusb2] Looking for the next generation

Steven Karp skarp at mysk.org
Sat Nov 3 17:10:36 CDT 2007

Not really on topic, for which I apologize.  If someone can recommend a more
appropriate place for this sort of question, please do!

Having just upgraded my satellite to add HD channels, I'd love to find a
device like my beloved Hauppauge box that supports HD.  I'd prefer USB over
PCI so I can swap it between two machines easily.  All of the devices I can
find out there that say anything about HD are primarily tuners; some of them
also have SVideo inputs.

Is there anything out there that will take an HDMI or Component input and
produce output in some useable form (mpeg2, mpeg4, etc.)?  Bonus points if it
costs less than 4 figures in US dollars.

	S.
--
"First things first -- but not necessarily in that order"
		-- The Doctor, "Doctor Who"