[pvrusb2] Looking for the next generation

roger roger at eskimo.com
Sun Nov 4 01:04:46 CDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 15:10 -0700, Steven Karp wrote:
> Not really on topic, for which I apologize.  If someone can recommend a more
> appropriate place for this sort of question, please do!
>
> Having just upgraded my satellite to add HD channels, I'd love to find a
> device like my beloved Hauppauge box that supports HD.  I'd prefer USB over
> PCI so I can swap it between two machines easily.  All of the devices I can
> find out there that say anything about HD are primarily tuners; some of them
> also have SVideo inputs.
>
> Is there anything out there that will take an HDMI or Component input and
> produce output in some useable form (mpeg2, mpeg4, etc.)?  Bonus points if it
> costs less than 4 figures in US dollars

I posted something like this several months ago.  From the info I
gathered, expect HDTV/Digital TV (ATSC) products to start hitting the
market by 2008.

I too am a devoted fan of my pvrusb2... too make mention of the
extremely stable pvrusb2 driver as well! ;-)

(Another good place to ask this question is on the #pvrusb2 freenode irc
channel.)

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html