[pvrusb2] [patch] capture window centering via VIDIOC_S_CROP

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun May 11 15:19:50 CDT 2008

On Sat, 10 May 2008, roger wrote:

> If you're desperate and still want this to work, you could hope to find
> the official cx25840 svn/cvs repository.  Download the version matching
> your installed kernel and only compile that module.  (IMO, unless you're
> coding, this is more like hacking to make things work.)

The cx25840 module is not included with the standalone pvrusb2 driver.
Rather, this module is part of the v4l-dvb repository.  We will have to
apply the patch there.

There *are* a few modules included with the standalone pvrusb2 driver -
in the "ivtv" area of the tarball.  However these are very old and are
only present to allow the driver to be used with very old kernels that
otherwise don't include these modules.  The cx25840 module is not in
that set; it arrived on the scene later and any PVR USB2 device which
might need that module wouldn't have a chance of running in those older
kernels anyway.  (If you're curious as to why, you can find more detail
here: "http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/setup.html#Prerequisites".)

Honestly I haven't tested against those old modules in a very very long
time.  It's entirely likely that they don't even work anymore.  (What I
have been doing before releasing each snapshot is to test compile the
driver against each kernel release going back to 2.6.12, but that's
really it.)

isely @ pobox (dot) com