[pvrusb2] pvrusb2 timeout?

Dan Bodoh dan.bodoh at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 15:00:34 CST 2008

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:

> When you first raised this issue, the behavior was due to seemingly
> permanent stalls in the streaming (as opposed to very short transient
> pauses).  That's a real problem but honestly unless the transmitting
> station goes off the air, the signal is otherwise disrupted, or the
> device gets spontaneously reset, then this should not ever happen.

Well, the stall is not "permanent".  It fails to start streaming when
Mythtv starts a recording.  Since mythtv keeps doing select() if it
reaches the 5-second timeout, many times it will finally succeed 30-40
minutes after the first attempt, and then I get the remaining stream
without a problem.  Once it starts streaming, it never dies.  This
behaviour just doesn't make much sense to me if viewed as a power
glitch.

What I decided to do was stick with the current ubuntu driver, and set
debug=65535 for the module.  Hopefully I'll get it to die again...

Dan Bodoh