[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20080831

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 15:38:26 CDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Mark Goldberg <marklgoldberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 6:15 PM, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:
>>
>> A new pvrusb2 driver snapshot is available.  Changes include:
>>  (+) Plumbing added to support cropping.  Note that this will only
>>      work if corresponding support exists and works in cx25840.ko or
>>      saa7115.ko (depending on the device you have).  Credit to
>>      Servaas Vandenberghe for laying the groundwork for this.  Access
>>      is implemented for both the normal V4L ioctl interface published
>>      by the driver and sysfs.
>
> Do you know if this is in v4l-dvb yet and what I would have to get to
> implement it?

I  looked at all the old messages and got the whole latest vrl-dvb
using mercurial.

The patch works with some offsets for cx25840-core.c.

The stuff that was patched in cx25840-vbi.c has been
moved into cx25840-core.c and looks like it is already changed.

But, it will not compile with an error:

/usr/src/v4l-dvb/v4l/cx25840-core.c: In function 'origin_v4lcrop':
/usr/src/v4l-dvb/v4l/cx25840-core.c:847: error: implicit declaration
of function 'cx25840_get_v4lstd'

I'm afraid that is as far as I can go. I expect something was renamed
when stuff was moved, but
I don't know v4l-dvb nearly enough to figure out from what to what.

Mark