[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20080831

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Mon Oct 13 14:25:40 CDT 2008

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008, Mark Goldberg wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Mark Goldberg <marklgoldberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 6:15 PM, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> A new pvrusb2 driver snapshot is available.  Changes include:
> >>  (+) Plumbing added to support cropping.  Note that this will only
> >>      work if corresponding support exists and works in cx25840.ko or
> >>      saa7115.ko (depending on the device you have).  Credit to
> >>      Servaas Vandenberghe for laying the groundwork for this.  Access
> >>      is implemented for both the normal V4L ioctl interface published
> >>      by the driver and sysfs.
> >
> > Do you know if this is in v4l-dvb yet and what I would have to get to
> > implement it?
>
> I  looked at all the old messages and got the whole latest vrl-dvb
> using mercurial.
>
> The patch works with some offsets for cx25840-core.c.
>
> The stuff that was patched in cx25840-vbi.c has been
> moved into cx25840-core.c and looks like it is already changed.
>
> But, it will not compile with an error:
>
> /usr/src/v4l-dvb/v4l/cx25840-core.c: In function 'origin_v4lcrop':
> /usr/src/v4l-dvb/v4l/cx25840-core.c:847: error: implicit declaration
> of function 'cx25840_get_v4lstd'
>
> I'm afraid that is as far as I can go. I expect something was renamed
> when stuff was moved, but
> I don't know v4l-dvb nearly enough to figure out from what to what.

Unfortunately you and I are in the same boat with respect to that
module.  I don't maintain that module so anything I submit related to it
is not very "deep" (just simple obvious fixes, like the FWSEND business
a while back).  If it helps I can do some work to trace its history in
order to help with merging code.  But this is a complex part and
understanding its behavior is not at all easy even with the datasheet -
so I am not in a good position to prove in the correctness of these
patches :-( Others on this list may be in better shape to do that.

isely @ pobox (dot) com