[pvrusb2] mythtv and wintv-hvr-1950 - analog/digital scanning

Roger rogerx at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Jan 5 20:14:48 CST 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 20:38 -0500, fivenote wrote:
> Mike,
>
> I tried to disable everything that would possibly keep the DVB side of
> the card open, preventing the analog side from opening. Still I can't
> get signal on any analog QAM channels. Mythtv seems like it's able to
> open the analog card ok, so I back to thinking my upgarde of the v4l
> drivers fixed my digital and broke the analog.
>
> Sadly, I see no obvious errors in the logs. What can I do next to

I use Gentoo and you can get further logging via the following (incase
you haven't tried these yet).  Due to mythbackend's pretty darn good
logging, I can usually always find the problem, just usually the
solution isn't as easy due to mysql.

Some switches can be applied to /usr/bin/mythbackend --verbose
${MYTH_VERBOSE}

The MYTH_VERBOSE variable can hold the following possible values (ie.
mythbackend --verbose eit):

/etc/conf.d/mythbackend
#Accepts any combination (separated by comma) of:
#
#  all           - ALL available debug output
#  important     - Errors or other very important messages
#  general       - General info
#  record        - Recording related messages
#  playback      - Playback related messages
#  channel       - Channel related messages
#  osd           - On-Screen Display related messages
#  file          - File and AutoExpire related messages
#  schedule      - Scheduling related messages
#  network       - Network protocol related messages
#  commflag      - Commercial Flagging related messages
#  audio         - Audio related messages
#  libav         - Enables libav debugging
#  jobqueue      - JobQueue related messages
#  siparser      - Siparser related messages
#  eit           - EIT related messages
#  vbi           - VBI related messages
#  database      - Display all SQL commands executed
#  dsmcc         - DSMCC carousel related messages
#  mheg          - MHEG debugging messages
#  upnp          - upnp debugging messages
#  socket        - socket debugging messages
#  timestamp     - Conditional data driven messages
#  none          - NO debug output
#MYTH_VERBOSE="important,general"
#MYTH_VERBOSE="all"
#MYTH_VERBOSE="important,general,schedule,record"

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org