[pvrusb2] problems compiling the latest snapshot

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Jun 30 15:36:58 CDT 2009

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009, Aljaž Prusnik wrote:

> On pet, 2009-06-26 at 16:39 -0500, Mike Isely wrote:
> > Aljaz:
> >
> > Issue (4) was brought to my attention a few hours ago, which then caused
> > me to wonder why I didn't catch it with the older kernel
> > test-compilations.  That caused me to discover issue (1).  Then after
> > fixing issue (1), I got burned by issue (3).
> >

> :) Glad to have helped a bit. Thanks for the fixes.
>

> > All of this craziness should be fixed now with the snapshot just now
> > released.  Please grab that and try a build.  Please ALSO follow what
> > the pvrusb2 web documentation says here - don't copy any headers into
> > the driver, make sure you have a kernel tree nearby, etc.  You should
> > get a clean build now.
>
> Yes, this issue is now solved. The driver compiled cleanly and I did the
> make install thing as well.
>
> But still when trying to tune in I still get those nasty "_read_regs:
> ERROR" and "_ir_cal_init" I reported already from another computer
> (that's two different hardware sets - a custom AMD PC and an HP laptop -
> and same OS (Debian testing)).
> I'm pretty confident I could rule out the OS so I figure it must be
> something different with the European version of 1950 that's causing
> different (e.g. non-working) behaviour.

There was a problem here in my hardware setup which had been preventing
me from reproducing the circumstances that resulted in the error you are
seeing.  I still haven't reproduced the error yet, however I think the
odds are much better now that I can cause this with an HVR-1950 and will
be looking into it soon.  I'll post here once/if I get some traction on
it.