[pvrusb2] hvr-1900, mythtv and remote

Aljaž Prusnik prusnik at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 15:33:42 CDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-22 at 16:46 -0500, Mike Isely wrote:
> > > Probably a driver or hardware problem.  It should not be possible for an
> > > app to play a part in I2C errors deep down in the driver.  However, it's
> > > not clear from your message whether or not mplayer /dev/vide0 actually
> > > worked for you.  That would be useful to know.

It did. It's just that the colors weren't right (B&W with some odd
colors here and there) and the picture was shown in a way that 2/3 of
the picture from left to the right was shown and the missing third I
couldn't center - but that I guess is probably some setting I didn't
bother to find.

> > I tried Windows XP. Both tuning is ok there (analogue and dvb-t).
> OK, so the hardware is healthy in Windows.  But does mplayer in analog
> mode work?

It shows a picture from a tuned channel. VLC also.

> > I also disabled lirc as suggested.
> Make sure the lirc driver does not get loaded in the kernel.  Even if
> you're not "using" lirc, the mere existence of the driver could be
> enough to cause trouble.  And once it's gone, power cycle the HVR-1900
> so that any screwed up state is cleared out.  Power cycling will also
> cause the pvrusb2 driver to forget everything it previously knew about
> the device and to reinitialize.

I removed it completely I also did the powercycle so nothing really
helped. The messages were always there while doing channel scanning.

> If lirc is truly out of the picture here, then I currently do not have
> any idea why you're getting I2C I/O errors.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I will eventually try
another hardware since I also need a DVB-C capable HW.

Aljaz