[pvrusb2] HVR-1950 IR outlook

Nicholas Robbins nickrobbins at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 18 10:00:55 CDT 2010

So yesterday I spent an afternoon upgrading my kernel to 2.6.31. I was very happy to see that everything kept working great! Except lirc. I then recalled the discussion here some time ago about the status of ir support on the HVR-1950. My understanding is that Mike says:

"pvrusb2 is doing everything right and proper. The DVB/V4L people have shaken some things up and the lirc people haven't caught up."

If this is the case what is our best bet? Keep checking to see if lirc releases a new version?