[pvrusb2] IR Support with the hvr-1950?

tedrock tedrock at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 19:54:22 CST 2010

I posted this on the mythtvtalk forums and someone suggested I check out
your fine mailing list. First some history

It's a brand new 1950
I'm using Mythbuntu 9.10 64bit
I can watch tv using the device sort of... (I can only use s-video or
composite, the "television"/analog option just produces black video, and yes
I am giving it the correct output channel. I'll worry about this issue
later)

Now the problem. I cannot get the blaster or IR receiver to work. I've tried
many things with LIRC, at first it would just fail when I'd try to start it
up but that's been resolved but I still cannot get it to detect the IR
Blaster or Receiver offered by the 1950. From what I've gathered from this
forum post (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1402091) the remote
function worked in 9.04 but it only recently stopped working in 9.10.

I just want to know if anyone here has either the blaster or the ir receiver
(remote) working and if you can point me in the right direction in getting
them to work myself.