[pvrusb2] AVC-3610 Support??

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Wed Oct 27 23:20:24 CDT 2010

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010, Bjorn de la Cour wrote:

> I forget the camera at work. But I thought I would just list some chip markings.
>
> Tuners 2x:
> Philips
> FM136/F H-3
> SV21 0534
>
> One of the Tuners doesn't have the FM RF connector.
>
> mpeg Encoders? 2x:
>
> Conexant
> MPEG II A/V Encoder
> CX23416-12
>
> Others:
>
> Conexant
> CX25840-23
>
> CY7C68013-
> 100DC 0519
> I think it's a Cypress Chip from the logo.
>

> There are other chips But I think they are related to the IR
> functions. By the way I did some damage to your future testing unit
> while opening the case. Whatever happened to good old fashion screws?

There's just a single CY7C68013 but two CX23416's and two CX25840's?

This sounds like it should work, except for the bit about a single FX2
(the CY7C68013) driving two video pipelines.  The normal firmware in
that chip only expects to talk to a single tuner, not two.  That may
cause a hiccup with the pvrusb2 driver since it was never designed with
a configuration like that.  Otherwise all the chips you've identified
are workable - in fact ignoring the dual pipeline setup this appears
very similar to a Hauppauge 24xxx device.

Odds are pretty good that you should see an I2C EEPROM on the board.
It might be a very tiny chip (perhaps an 8 pin SMT part).  Knowing its
ID will tell us its capacity and from that we can probably guess whether
or not the FX2 firmware has to be loaded from the host.  (The pvrusb2
driver can handle it either way but we have to know.)

Having a hi-res photo of the whole board is where things like the
question about the I2C EEPROM can come in handy.  That would give a
means to go back and examine it for parts missed on the first pass.

Sorry about the reply delay; it's been a busy week here and I've been
distracted on a different project.  Now off to handle a pvrusb2 e-mail
backlog...