[pvrusb2] HVR-1950 IR Support

Roger rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 11:09:49 CST 2011

> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 07:51:47AM -0900, Roger wrote:
>
>*NOTE: If you use either the /dev/lirc0 or /dev/i2c-4 device, some button may
>be reported, but many will be missed or repeated.  I'm seeing very poor
>performance compared to using the "event" interface.

A slight correction on this, I'm seeing remote number button reporting on my
terminal without using any lircd process and seems I confused this slow
staggered repeated (buggy) reporting for using one of the other devices (other
then using /dev/input/event? devices).

>*TODO: How do I map /dev/input/event8 when there is no /dev/input/by-id path as
>/dev/input/event? will change at each reboot?

I'm still stumped here.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/