[pvrusb2] HVR-1950 IR Support

Roger rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 12:30:05 CST 2011

> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 08:09:49AM -0900, Roger wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 07:51:47AM -0900, Roger wrote:
>>
>>*NOTE: If you use either the /dev/lirc0 or /dev/i2c-4 device, some button may
>>be reported, but many will be missed or repeated.  I'm seeing very poor
>>performance compared to using the "event" interface.
>
>A slight correction on this, I'm seeing remote number button reporting on my
>terminal without using any lircd process and seems I confused this slow
>staggered repeated (buggy) reporting for using one of the other devices (other
>then using /dev/input/event? devices).

I also just figured out have have my old /etc/lirc/lircd.conf file which
defines the key/button mappings to english description.  More specifically,
it's using the second of two remote button mappings generated by devinput.sh

($ wget http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/devinput/lircd.conf.devinput)

>>*TODO: How do I map /dev/input/event8 when there is no /dev/input/by-id path
>>as /dev/input/event? will change at each reboot?
>
>I'm still stumped here.

OK. I have a solution using a dynamically named dev/input device.

Per the lircd man page, you can use -d name="" or phys="" including wildcards.

You can find the device name/phys by using the following command and searching
for the Hauppauge IR device:

# systool -c input -v |less

The following works for the hvr-1950:

# lircd -n -H dev/input -d name="i2c IR (WinTV HVR-1950 Model 75"

(It might be advisable to use a wildcard to adjust for the missing parenthesis.
ie: "*WinTV HVR-1950 Model 75".  Not only this, but the Gentoo rc conf file
requires a short string such as *HVR-1950* to be able to work properly.)

Funny.  I just want to use one or two buttons on the remote. ;-)

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/