[pvrusb2] Looking for "dvb-fe-tda10048-1.0.fw" firmware

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Wed Feb 1 12:32:41 CST 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Burr, Michael <michael.burr at precor.com> wrote:
> I have recently extracted a set of firmware files for the HVR-19xx tuners from the Hauppauge windows driver package and I have a couple questions:
>
> 1) it's my understanding that for the HVR-1900 tuner, DVB-T support needs the "dvb-fe-tda10048-1.0.fw" firmware file.  The fwextract.pl script did not locate an instance of that file.  Should it have?  Is there some other way to extract that firmware (or am I just wrong thinking that it shouldbe somewhere in the Windows driver package?)
>
> 2) is there information anywhere about what fixes there might be in different firmware versions?  I have some other firmware files, but don't have a good 'history' for where they came from. I'm interested in knowing at least something about what, if any, improvements I might possibly look for.

You can get the tda10048 firmware from the HVR1200's firmware
extraction scripts....  Take a look at the readme, here:

http://www.steventoth.net/linux/hvr1200/

There is no tracking on firmware history - just use the latest
available firmware using the extraction scripts mentioned above.

Good luck!

-Mike Krufky