[pvrusb2] Pops/Breaks on radio0 device

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Thu Feb 2 21:32:08 CST 2012

Roger:

If it's working fine when you send the driver output to a file, then
there's really nothing wrong with the driver.

Odds are instead you might be instead dealing with a station that's weak
enough that the pvrusb2 device might not be able to maintain a lock on
the signal, resulting in real time breaks in the bit stream output,
which might be upsetting the playback app due to the (probably tiny)
pauses.  There's NOTHING WRONG with the driver or the hardware in this
case.  You need to be having this conversation with the application
developer, not here.

I've seen a similar thing happen in mplayer with video/audio sync.  See
this link and read the last paragraph in the "mplayer" section:

http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/usage.html#mplayer

The acid test is that if recording the data to a file "clears" the
problem, then the driver is fine.

  -Mike