[pvrusb2] Problems with IR receiver (latest hardware version, latest driver, 2.6.20 kernel)

Roger J. Allen rja at firkraag.rogera.net
Fri May 4 12:48:30 CDT 2007

On Fri, 4 May 2007, David Gatwood wrote:

> Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 00:53:11 -0700
> From: David Gatwood <dgatwood at mac.com>
> To: pvrusb2 at isely.net
> Subject: [pvrusb2] Problems with IR receiver (latest hardware version,
>     latest driver, 2.6.20 kernel)
>

> I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to use lirc with the latest version of the WinTV-PVR USB2
> with the external IR blaster.  I ended up enabling full debugging in the driver

If you mean the WinTV-PVR-USB2 MCE-Kit, then here are a couple of posts about
how to setup the USB SMK eHome beanbag IR transceiver with the
lirc_mceusb2 driver.

http://www.isely.net/pipermail/pvrusb2/2006-February/000505.html

and about using the transceiver as an IR Blaster to transmit IR signals:

http://www.isely.net/pipermail/pvrusb2/2006-December/001198.html

Roger J. Allen